GFParsons is a transportation engineering firm located in Greater Jacksonville, Florida. Our service offerings focus on developing innovative and cost-effective solutions to improve capacity and safety of challenging traffic intersections and interchanges.
Greg Parsons, P.E.
- 30 years as a technical innovator, design engineer and project manager in transportation.
- In 2004, invented the parallel flow intersection (PFI), a high capacity signalized urban intersection or service interchange. Received U.S. patent (7,135,989) for the PFI in 2006.
- Chief engineer and project manager of preliminary development for several mega-projects involving capacity upgrade of urban Interstate and new freeway alignments.
- Over 11 years experience in modern roundabout planning, analysis and design, multi and single lane.
- Preliminary development and final design of urban and rural roadways, new alignments and widening, freeways and arterials.
- Intersection and interchange specialization with emphasis on urban high-capacity interchange and intersection concept development.
- Expertise in nontraditional junctions including the PFI, continuous flow intersection (CFI), modern roundabout, diverging diamond interchange (DDI) and superstreet.
- Project manager and chief engineer for preliminary development of over $3.5 billion in roadway construction projects.